-SPECIAL ORDER ITEM – ETA 12+ weeks
Contact us prior to ordering on 03 9088 3521 or [email protected]
-50% deposit is required prior to order process commencement.
-This item is custom specified and non-returnable.
The list of possibilities is endless
The PolyScience Rotary Evaporation System provides virtually unlimited possibilities to evaporate, distil, separate and purify liquids. You can now easily concentrate, capture and infuse flavors in your own kitchen.
This kitchen breakthrough utilises a vacuum pump to reduce atmospheric pressure allowing liquids to move to a vapour phase at low temperatures.
Simultaneously, a rotating flask creates greater surface area of thin film facilitating rapid evaporation. That vapour is then condensed by coils cooled by a recirculating chiller and collected in a receiving flask. As a result, you can capture and preserve an amazing array of even highly volatile aromas and flavors to use in your next recipes.
The Rotary Vacuum Evaporator has been customised for culinary applications. Want to add the fresh, concentrated essences of your favourite herbs or combine the flavors and aromas of fruits and vegetables? Anything is possible.
While most chefs are familiar with regular distillation process, this technology adds another dimension: it works under reduced pressure, which lowers the boiling point to as low as 35°C. By remaining at such low temperatures, valuable flavor compounds are preserved and will add to complexity of the result.
- Two independent safety circuits avoid an overheat situation of your heating bath: If bath temperature overshoots by 5 °C and if your water bath runs dry, heating will be switched off automatically
- To protect you from splashes and scalding, the Hei-VAP heating bath features an integrated pour spout to remove bath fluid safely Heating bath is constructed with a double wall for your protection against burns and scalding
- The guard hood covers the bath even if the heating bath is adjusted horizontally to its most extreme limit
- A metal guide between the heating bath and the base unit prevents bath instability
- To protect your heating bath against short-circuits and systematic corrosion, the cable coupling complies with the protection class IP 67
- For your protection, the operating panel is located underneath a protective canopy so as to keep your hands out of the dangerous zone of rotating flasks, steam and splashing bath fluids
- All heating baths feature non-slip handles with safety grip to protect you from scalding bath liquids and allow for easy installation/removal of the bath
- A separate on/off switch for heating prevents unintentional heat-up. The button is illuminated for visual control
- Glassware assemblies are optionally available with transparent plastic safety coating ensuring ultimate protection while allowing visual control at all times
At Alinea Restaurant in Chicago the rotary evaporator is used to extract herb aromas like basil. Another innovative application by Alinea is to distill the pure chili’s essence. During that process the chemical capsaicin, responsible for the heat, is left behind. A unique flavor experience is guaranteed.